Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Almond Snickerdoodles



I love Snickerdoodles. Soft, chewy, cinnamon sugary sweet....yummo!

The other day I tried this Snickerdoodle recipe from My Mommy Style and as I was stirring them up, I realized I was out of vanilla (or so I thought! I found the missing bottle days later)

So, I decided to substitute almond flavoring. I love that stuff. It smells so incredibly good. But I wasn't sure how the snickerdoodles would be. Would they taste funny?

But...nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

And it was such a great choice because the cookies were fantastic! (And let's all agree right now to not talk about the obscene number of these I consumed. Doubling the recipe is not always the best idea...)

I loved the cinnamon sugary taste with the smooth and yummy almond flavor. Hmmmmm....what other recipes could I use almond instead...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. And who doesn't love to smile? So...comment away! And if you have any questions, please ask.