Monday, October 24, 2011

Pringle Can Bangle Bracelet Tutorial

Yes. That's right. You can upcycle Pringle cans or water bottles or some other plastic bottle you can easily cut with scissors or an exacto knife into *Awesome Bangle Bracelets. 




Ready for the tutorial? Alright here we go......

Find something your hand easily fits into. Now, I don't mean an oatmeal canister. Or a kleenex box.  Come on people. We're looking for a nicely proportioned cylinder. Stay with me....




Pringle cans work perfectly for me.

Next we need to thicken the bracelets and sturdy them up a bit.



Some people like to use strips of quilt batting. I prefer newspaper which I always seem to have on hand, especially now that my son has a paper route. So, grab the news and your Mod Podge, turn on a good movie (like The Importance of Being Earnest....anyone else LOVE that movie?) and go to town...




Now let them dry and you'll end up with something like this...




Now comes the fun part. Embellishing your new bracelets!

Add ribbon and some fun trim...




Strips of fabric, rosettes and lace....

I know, right? Pringle Can Bracelets. Who would have thought this was even possible?


Beads, bias tape and more lace (I love tying a sassy bow on the side. yeah, that's right. I said sassy.)...


Bright fabric, paper and ribbon....



Maybe even Mod Podged sheet music (ack! I love this one. It's my favorite. Come on, right? It's so cool)...



Or wrap them in embroidery floss...


There are so many options. Why not grab some maps? Or dictionary pages? These are so stinking cheap that you can make armfuls to match every outfit in your closet! (Ok. This might be a bit excessive. And, really...if you have this kind of time on your hands....you should come clean my house. I'm just sayin'.)

Enjoy!

*I originally submitted this craft to Family Fun, but sadly they already had something similar in the works. 




all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {10/24}   

33 comments:

  1. Oh I love the music note one!! I might have to make me some bangles. Thanks for the toot!! Oh and thanks for the pats on the back, I'm kind of a compliment slut ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....compliment slut....heh. Yeah, I hear you. I'm a sucker for the complimenting comments as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! what a creative idea! Thanks for posting! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good recycled jewelry project...great tutorial...thank you for sharing you clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thank you so much for sharing them at www.thetshirtdiaries.com. I have to say my favorite is the black lace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the newspaper by itself!! Maybe magazine pages?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cute! I featured them at Me Making Do! Thanks for linkin them up.
    http://memakingdo.blogspot.com/2011/12/crafty-creative-christmas-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooooooooooove this idea great job Im going to make me some of these the best part of it all is that it RECYCLE great job on saving the earth stay green :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea, and I love the one you made with the sheet music! Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any ideas on what to make these with to fit 6-7 year old?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great idea, they look so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this idea! I have REALLY small wrists, so I have a hard time buying any bracelets without having to adjust/alter it in some way.. I may still have to adjust the size on these, OR just find a smaller sized container, but I LOVE the idea just the same! Can't wait to try them! Thank you for sharing how, and have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. look awesome, thanks for sharing !!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute. I just mentioned and linked this on my previous blog post. Thanks for sharing. http://lifeawayfromtheofficechair.blogspot.com/2012/06/7-pringle-can-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this idea! I have REALLY small wrists, so I have a hard time buying any bracelets without having to adjust/alter it in some way.. I may still have to adjust the size on these, OR just find a smaller sized container, but I LOVE the idea just the same! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My 13yr old loves, loves bracelets but they can be expensive. This will be perfect to make her bracelets in every color and style. Can't wait to spend the day watching movies and making these. I'm a craft addict so have tons of embellishments. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  17. genius!!! what an awesome idea for gifts. and an excuse to eat pringles. whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This craft is wonderful and just what we need for the 4th of July celebrations. I work with Developmentally challenged adults and one of our projects is to do beading and other art work to sell and each individual earns money. We will use your idea with red, white, and blue for this project Thanks so much margaret ogilvieThe Place

    ReplyDelete
  19. totally going to do this with my sister

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look so good. Love being able to use chip containers. Thanks for the tutorial.
    By the way, I love The Importance of Being Earnest. Such a funny movie, and so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this idea and want to try it!! However, I have..( I know this will sound stupid to experienced crafters) a question. What's the technique for covering with the paper strips? I understand the mod podge and kind of understand the photo but how do you wrap the strips of paper? Where does the strip start and stop or does it matter? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice tutorial........... I loved it........

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a real craftaholic person since childhood .. I started making bracelets n other things when I was in 5th grade.. You won't believe, due to my craft craze my eyesight became -5 !! Talking about jewellry, the only two things I love to make are bangles n bracelets.. This tutorial of yours, there's no doubt is the best in the whole world :) Keep it up.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you want to catch attention with the way you look and sound, try wearing silver bangle bracelets.
    Bangle bracelets are truly versatile.
    For more: bangle bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Silver bangles online

    ReplyDelete
  26. How can the bracelets be made water proofed?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the admin of this site is in fact working hard. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! 바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete
  28. This article is very detailed And i am happy reading this!! 바둑이사이트넷

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. And who doesn't love to smile? So...comment away! And if you have any questions, please ask.