Saturday, April 16, 2011

Upcycled is the New Black

I love this idea of Upcycling. Love it. I am completely fascinated with the crazy and interesting upcycled things people come up with and sell on Etsy. I stare at the computer screen in awe. And then I wonder if I can make them, too. I'm sure Ryan (aka my handsome cowboy) is a bit tired of hearing, "Hey...come look at this...how did they make that?"

So, I'm going to share some the recent upcycled things that have me going Wow....

Magazine Mosaic Sunflower

In christymcbride's shop you'll find all sorts of upcycled goodness.  But what I love the most is the artwork she makes from old magazines. Yeah. Old magazines. So. Stinking. Cool.  My favorite was this mosaic flower that is already sold. There is also a really neat Giant Burst Spider that is Awesome. And because I love her stuff so much, here is another one (made with old magazines! goodNESS.)...

FREE SHIPPING Dogwood

Or how about a fork bracelet? Ok. Is there anything cooler than this? Nope. I don't think so.

Silver Fork Bracelet in Original Fancy Design Number Seven

You can find more of these crazy cool bracelets (and spoon rings!) in MarchelloArt.

How clever are these necklaces?

Go Green Lego Heart Necklace

Seriously? Who thinks of legos and says, "Yep. A heart necklace." So. Awesome. I love it!  I found these at MichellesCharmsWorld shop.

Alright, another necklace....this time try and guess what it's made from....

Recycled Skateboard Wood Pendant Necklace

Did you guess? Hum?  Really? It's made from a recycled skateboard! Wow.

Alright, one more. And this one is just UHHH-mazing. I love their shop. I love their art. And it's hard to just pick one to share, but check out this monkey...

Funky Sock Monkey Playing Guitar - Recycled License Plate Art - Salvaged Wood - Upcycled Artwork

Ha! They make one-of-a-kind art from license plates! That rocks. You can find more in their shop  Recycledartco.

So, what do you think you could upcycle? Hmmmmm?

1 comment:

  1. These people have taken the phrase "One man's junk is another man's treasure" to a whole new level! It's amazing what they can do! I love the fork bracelets. Too bad they're so darn expensive because that is not something I could ever replicate.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. And who doesn't love to smile? So...comment away! And if you have any questions, please ask.