Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the best buttermilk pancakes in the whole entire universe {yes, they're that good}


Yeah, that's right. These are the best. Top of the line, first class, yummy for your tummy buttermilk pancakes. AND they are super fast and easy.

I grew up with my mom making these tasty bits of heaven. And, therefore, I am one of the very luckiest chickadees in the world....I mean, the universe.

Now I make them for my family and....wow! It's amazing how fast these get gobbled up. Seriously. The kids are eating these slathered with butter before they even get to the table. But, it figures, since they're the best and all. *grin*

Want to make the best buttermilk pancakes ever?

Alright, then, here you go....

The Best Buttermilk Pancakes in the Universe

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 beaten eggs
2 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoons vegetable oil

Combine all the dry ingredients. The original recipe calls for you to mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, but...well, I just don't want to do that. So, I don't. I make a well in the dry stuff, throw in all that wet stuff and then kind of mix the wet stuff together on top before incorporating the rest of the dry stuff. Beat until blended. And then bake on a lightly greased griddle until all golden brown and fabulous. This makes about 16 four inch pancakes. So, needless to say...we have to, at the least, double this recipe for our family. I like to make a lot and have them for a couple of breakfasts.

My kids like to eat these covered in peanut butter and syrup (and so do I!) My husband likes them with apple sauce. And they're also really good in a fried egg sandwich.

Here's my little helper last Saturday....


Little Molly wants to help me make everything in the kitchen lately. It's so cute! And I love it. She'll say, "I want to help you!" and she pushes the stool over. 

Now you may look at that giant silver bowl and think, "Woah. That's going to make a lot of pancakes." Actually it made enough pancakes for a couple breakfasts AND loads of waffles...



YES! That's right. This batter can also make the Best Waffles in the Universe! 

I made a lots and lots of these Saturday morning and then froze them for my kids' breakfasts, especially my oldest son's. He gets up super early with his dad so he can go to Jazz band practice. And...well, let's just say, Dad doesn't always feel like whipping something up other than cereal. 

I took out a bag of these and toasted them a couple of times on a low setting. They were perfect. Emmett kept saying, "These are so good," as he was eating. 

Now, I'm curious....what are your favorite pancakes or waffle toppings? 

If you're looking for another tasty breakfast option, check out this recipe for Easy Granola...


Linking up to these fun parties...

Too Much Time On My HandsTuesday To Do PartySomewhat Simple
I Heart Nap Time
DIY Show OffSkip To My Loumop it up mondaysfive days five ways | feature friday free for allSee Vanessa Craft KitchenFunSixSistersStuff.comHookingupwithHoH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile. And who doesn't love to smile? So...comment away! And if you have any questions, please ask.