Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How To Serve Octopus For Lunch

Mmmmm, octopus. Sounds yummy, right?

Well, it is when it's served like this...

A hot dog octopus, with mustard features swimming in a blue ramen sea.  Delish! Well, at least this cute girl thought so.  She especially enjoyed biting the octopus's head off.  Er....sweet girl, right?

As I was searching for Cinco de Mayo crafts and recipes last week I stumbled across this fun blog, Muffin Tin Mom...



I have never heard of muffin tin meals. They are a simple idea.  Basically you make a little meal in (usually) a six-cup muffin tin.  Some people make it even more fun by using bright colored and shaped silicone muffin cups. This seems like a great idea, especially if you have a picky eater. On the Muffin Tin Mom's blog she also shows fun ways to present food sans muffin tin.

So, as I was rumaging around for lunch for my monkeys last week I remembered something I saw and thought I'd give it a shot...



Molly didn't take much time to enjoy the presentation though...


I used to do fun things with food for my oldest when he was younger. But these days managing to just feed all these monkeys, well, that's a major accomplishment! Alright, it's not that bad. Although sometimes it feels like it.

I'm going to try harder to be more fun though, to add more fun to my kid's days.  And lunch is a great time to do it!

3 comments:

  1. What fun lunches! I need to get more creative with food for my kids....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously don't know how you find time to do it all. Where does my time go?! It's crazy! I love the octopus, and I know Riley and Carter would think it's awesome. Heck, Melanie would probably even like it! Thanks for sharing. I love that you're crafty with food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I am totally going to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. And who doesn't love to smile? So...comment away! And if you have any questions, please ask.