Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Patchy Playtime Dress Tutorial






I whipped up this easy dress for Zoe this summer. The idea stemmed from Cheri over at I am Momma Hear me Roar and her Upcycled T-shirt Dress. But I wanted to try doing gathered tiers instead.

I started with a thrifted top.





I cut the bottom off of it and then took two more shirts and cut them the length I wanted, cutting the pink one wider than the purple and the teal wider than the pink. 

The teal was plain so I made a quick posterboard stencil and added pink hearts.




Then I simply gathered the pink tier, added it to the purple top.




 Then I gathered the teal and sewed it to the pink.





So easy. And now Zoe has a super comfy t-shirt dress to play in. 




Great for climbing trees!





Oy! I adore this girl, her giggles, grins and great big hugs. She is silly and makes me laugh everday.




1 comment:

Comments make me smile. And who doesn't love to smile? So...comment away! And if you have any questions, please ask.