Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Evil Dangerous Honeybun Cake

I have a son who doesn't like cake.

Emmett! How can you not like cake??!!

Wow, right? Yeah, I just don't know what to do with him.....although I should clarify. There are some cakes he likes. His main requirement seems to be the amount of moisture in the cake. None of that standard iced birthday cake for him.

And what's his favorite? That would have to be Honeybun Cake. This stuff rocks.....

Honey Bun Cake
picture kifed from bettycrocker.com
Yeah. You can tell that's not my picture.
Fruit? Next to the cake? What's the point of that?

I whipped some up Monday night. And we devoured pieces while playing a rousing game of Rat-A-Tat-Cat.  That cake was all gone in (much!) less than 24 hours. I didn't even get a chance to snap a picture.

Honeybun Cake


Ingredients:
  • 1 yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans (I don’t use)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions: 
Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9 x 13 pan or bundt pan....or maybe muffins? That could be fun.
Stir cake mix, oil, eggs and sour cream until well combined. Spread half of the batter in the pan.
Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts and sprinkle over the top of the cake (you can leave it as a middle layer or swirl it through the cake with a knife). And top with the rest of the better.
Bake for 45 minutes or until done.   For the icing, combine the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. I usually have to add a little more milk. Spread over still-warm cake and then...


Try to resist eating half the cake.
Don't say I didn't warn you. 

3 comments:

  1. You are NOT helping my desire to eat healthier! I will only make this cake when my family is around, otherwise I know I might eat the whole thing and they'd never know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to try this. Sounds really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it strange that it doesn't even have honey in it? I guess I just assumed that it would...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. And who doesn't love to smile? So...comment away! And if you have any questions, please ask.